A Poem: Dear Piano

Dear Piano,

Then, I had played,
And the world disappeared,
My surroundings faded.

Do you remember 
Those long hours
When I had visited you
Every afternoon?

Those hours had been frustrating
Driven by dreams
By expectations
By hope.

Fingers stiffly marching
Stumbling.

Almost giving up
I left you behind.

Until

I hear a piece by Liszt
I think to myself
I could do that.

And I found you again.

Keys:
White and worn
Black and beat
Fingers flitting far
No longer marching.

Flying.

My smile broadening
Like the crescendo I’m playing.

When I find my heart too full of emotions
As though it is overfilled
My fingers spread across the keyboard.

Where my soul spills out the feelings.
Into the notes
Into the music
Into the sound.

And I seek peace
Among dead composers.

Embedded within the blacks and whites,
The music fills my soul.

My pulse rises to match
The pace of your song
Each time.

I wonder if you realize
That even when I’m not with you
I count the beats anyways.

Now, I play,
And the world disappears,
My surroundings fade

Love you always,

~ Candria

🤍🖤🤍

Inspired by "Dear Basketball" by Kobe Bryant

Want to be kept updated on my posts? Follow my blog! (Don't worry, no personal info is needed) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Essay

Review of 'The Midnight Library' by Matt Haig

Book Review of 'To Kill a Kingdom' by Alexandra Christo